We’ve been an industry leader in plastics processing Since 1963
MDI – Molded Devices Inc. has developed an excellent reputation as an industry leader in plastics processing with process offerings including plastic dip molding, dip coating, rubber dip molding, custom plastic injection molding, thin-wall blow molding, extrusion, rapid prototyping and numerous value added services including decorating and assembly.
MDI is one of only a few plastics companies in the industry that has a dedicated facility for engineering and design, and can thereby offer such a wide range of plastic and rubber processing solutions. The integration of custom plastic injection molding and other customized services address our clients’ individual needs, while the economy of scale provided by our large production capability can create exceptional value on larger orders. A growing segment is our assembly capabilities, as many customers prefer an integrated assembly solution rather than assembling multiple parts at their operation.
Foremost, to provide our customers with continually better, faster and more cost effective processes, products and services. MDI delivers highly engineered rubber and plastic solutions to Original Equipment Manufacturers in industries associated with high switching costs.
MDI will continue to grow both organically and through key acquisitions to become the premier, world class rubber and plastic contract manufacturer to the global OEM marketplace; offering both proprietary products, custom molding services, and new product development & engineering, with an unwavering focus on continual improvement to our processes, products, and people.
- 2018MDI Purchased Diptech.
- 2018MDI Purchased Formco.
- 2017MDI purchased Hamar/GIC, a value added assembler located in Piedras Negras, Mexico, which services 4 divisions of one of the world’s largest OEMs.
- 2016MDI purchased Compass Product Design in Northern California, and Bates Industries in New York. Compass is an award winning design and engineering company. Bates has a long history producing disposable medical devices for OEMs.
- 2014MDI purchased Galow Plastics, a custom dip molding, coating & metal fabrication operation in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
- 2013MDI purchased Dempsey Industries, a custom dip molding and coating operation in Miamisburg, Ohio.
- 2012MDI purchased US Plastic Coatings Corp, a custom dip molding and coating operation in Sellersville, Pennsylvania.
- 2012MDI purchased the rubber dip molding business unit of California Medical Innovations Corporation in Pomona, California.
- 2008MDI purchased Plasti-Coat Corporation, a custom dip molding and coating operation in Waterbury, Connecticut.
- 2006MDI purchased Southwest Mold, a custom injection molding operation in Tempe, Arizona.
- 1999MDI purchased Alta Products Company, Inc., custom dip molding and coating operations in Newbury Park, California.
- 1998MDI was formed to purchase Molded Devices, the dip molding/dip coating division of Aydin Corporation.
- 1996Aydin Corporation purchased Molded Devices.
- 1963Molded Devices began operations in California.
HAVE A QUESTION?
WE ARE HERE TO HELP!